Sunday, 12 January 2014

Gareth Roberts - The Last Walk


Gareth's shoot was a blast. The location was great and had a very creepy atmosphere and the building was derelict and had bird skeletons scattered on the floor. Having said that, there had been a halloween party there the night before. There was so much to photograph on this shoot, the place, the acting, the make-up, once again I felt confident and comfortable but that's not to say that this wasn't a challenging shoot to work on. As well as photographer I had to be a lighting assistant as the current lighting assistant had to leave the shoot early for personal issues. Although all I had to do was set up a few lights and move them around I still felt under pressure to be creative. I've learnt previously with lighting film to not directly light your subject matter but to aim the lighting else where in the room to give a creative effect. I found this to be more difficult then I probably should have. It was a great shoot and I felt I captured some good photos not only for behind the scenes, but for promotional material for the film also.

The actor who played "Young Daniel" in the film was great. I snapped up some great shots that could possibly be used for DVD covers and poster for the film.




Took a lot of photos of Kelly working through the shooting schedule and thanks to her, the shoot ran rather smoothly.










No comments:

Post a Comment